1) How long have you been at Crayon?
Over 2000 days!
2) What do you do at Crayon?
One of Crayon’s clients is a leading global airline. They have initiated a big and ambitious transformation program. The program is delivered through various innovation labs. I play the role of value delivery lead for the customer intelligence lab. I’m also a data scientist on the same project. And the designated chef-of-mutton when I’m not at work.
3) What’s your average day like?
In no particular order – making critical decisions about lunch, working with the client and the Crayon team to define product features, making micro-decisions on behalf of the client, ignoring meeting invites, drinking coffee, frequenting the pantry (when at the Chennai office), helping the team with active sprints and in managing the product backlog, listening to music, working on my stories, crafting conversations, facilitating meetings, zoning out in meetings, making sure the client sees value in our work. And then some!
4) What’s your favourite Crayon memory?
All the times spent with Crayons
5) What’s your favourite part about working at Crayon? What keeps you coming to work every day?
Each day brings a new challenge, on top of the existing ones! And one day is not enough to solve them, so you keep coming back.
6) What do you contribute to Crayon? (Apart from your functional knowledge!)
I was the CFO (Chief Fun Officer / Chief Food Officer? – don’t remember) at a point of time. A coup was staged to replace me while I was away.
7) If you were a Crayon colour, what colour would you be? And why?
Cool as a cucumber green
8) If we had to choose a mascot for Crayon, who would it be and why? (can be a person living or dead who inspires you, a fictional superhero, anyone)
The tangram cat!
9) Working at Crayon allows me to… (Tell us what you do outside of work)
… be myself!